http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/04/04/south.korea.sunken.ship/index.html?iref=allsearch
Our thirteenth news is titled "South Korea stops search for missing sailors". It is written by Andrew Salmon. It came out at April 4th. It's theme is World, and it has no bias.
-----------------------------------------------------------
A South Korean warship has sunk in waters close to North Korea a week ago. Search for dozens of sailors lost there stopped late Saturday after a request from the families of the missing men.
Although naval experts have said that men trapped underwater could only remain alive for 60 to 70 hours, many hoped that some sailors might somehow still be alive.
That possibility dissapeared after the recovery of Chief Petty Officer Nam Ki-hoon's body.
The Cheonan sank in mysterious conditions -- breaking in half on March 26.
Fifth-eight men were rescued at the scene. The 45 missing sailors are believed to have been trapped in the ship's stern, where the crew's quarters and galley were located.
Their families had been vocal in demanding the navy expedite its efforts to rescue their loved ones.
Although naval experts have said that men trapped underwater could only remain alive for 60 to 70 hours, many hoped that some sailors might somehow still be alive.
That possibility dissapeared after the recovery of Chief Petty Officer Nam Ki-hoon's body.
The Cheonan sank in mysterious conditions -- breaking in half on March 26.
Fifth-eight men were rescued at the scene. The 45 missing sailors are believed to have been trapped in the ship's stern, where the crew's quarters and galley were located.
Their families had been vocal in demanding the navy expedite its efforts to rescue their loved ones.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Isabel Seong- I feel sorry for the ones that died in the cold ocean, and more for the families of the lost ones. They have lost their husbands and fathers. I think that I won't be able to be same if my father died.
Pedro Aycinena- This is something very awful to read. But I have this feeling that the North Koreans did this. Just think about it, a ship breaks in half near North Korea and South and North Korea have been in war. And they also disagree in a lot of things.
Tae-yeon Lim: I feel sorry for the families that had lost their fathers and husbands. If that had happen to me I feel really bad. And I want no more war in North and South Korea.
Diego Batres: I feel very sorry for those who lost relatives in that accident, and even sorrier since their bodies could not be found and buried. If even their dead bodies were found, the family could have a funeral for him and bury him in a cemetery.

No comments:
Post a Comment