Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Burned teen's mom: 'It's been a roller coaster ride'

Isabel Seong, Diego Batres, Tae Yeon Lim, Pedro Aycinena

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/25/florida.burned.boy/index.html

We found this article on November 25th. We think that the theme is justic
e. It has a bias:
juvenile detention.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15-year-old Michael Brewer burned over 65 percent of his body after being set on fire, allegedly by a group of teenagers.

Eyewitnesses said that Mendez used a lighter to set fire to Brewer after Jarvis allegedly poured alcohol over him. Bent allegedly encouraged the attack. Brewer jumped into a pool at his apartment complex to put out the flames.

Jeremy Jarvis was arrested as a juvenile after Brewer was burned and spent about 30 days in juvenile detention.

"It's been a roller coaster ride, the fear of the unknown," she said. "The first time he spoke to us was joyous but watching him struggle every single day ... I'm proud of him, I'm very, very proud of him, 'cause I don't think I could do what he's doing." said his mother, Valerie Brewer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabel Seong: I think that that is a truly horrible accident. Michael is only 15 years old, and the scars are going to last for whole his life.

Tae-yeon Lim: this article is horrible because Michael has only 15 years and has a horrible accident... 15 years old, in this year the teens has something to do and have fun, but Michael has an accident.


Diego Batres: This is the reason there are juvenile detention centers-no-good rascals go and harm an innocent person for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment